12 Dec 2022
How to Choose the Right Pipes for Safe and Clean Potable Water?
When choosing pipes and pressure pipe fittings to provide safe and clean potable water for your home, there are several factors that you need to consider before making your choice. Astral Pipes has a wide range of choices for you to choose from.
But first, here are some tips to help you choose the right pipes and fittings based on your needs:
- Material: Pipes made with CPVC are a popular choice as they are resistant to corrosion, scales, and microbial growth, making them ideal for potable water applications. However, UPVC is a good option for potable water applications.
We offer pipes made of different materials, such as CPVC, UPVC.
- Pressure rating: Ensure that the pressure rating of the pipes matches the water supply system’s pressure. Additionally, learn about the pressure rating of the pressure pipe fittings to ensure that they can handle the water pressure.
- Certification: Pipes and fittings come with certain certifications, like ISI Certifications from Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS), NSF-61, and ASTM, etc. Ensure that the pipes you choose meet the required standards.
- Size: The size of the pipes and fittings is also essential. Choose the right size based on your water supply needs.
There are a wide range of sizes provided by Astral to ensure that you have the right size for your application.
- Installation: The installation process is critical and should be done appropriately to ensure that the pipes and fittings deliver safe and clean potable water.
Our pipes and fittings are easy to install and provide installation guidelines to ensure that the pipes and fittings are installed correctly.
- Durability: You want to choose pipes that can withstand the test of time, aka longlasting, and durable, should be able to handle the supply system’s demand and withstand harsh conditions.
List of Astral Pipes that you can choose for safe and potable water services:
Astral Multipro can withstand up to 93ºC, its middle aluminium layer provides good strength. The aluminium layer also helps in controlling the amount of expansion and contraction of the pipes and, therefore, can be used in harsh weather conditions. It is also easy to maintain.
They are appropriate for the following kind:
- Hot and Cold Water Installation
- Open Exposure Installation
- Buried Installation
- Concealed Installation
- Building supply lines
- Concrete-encased piping
Astral CPVC PRO Piping System works with hot and cold water. It can withstand high temperatures compared to any other thermoplastic plumbing system.
They are corrosion-resistant, cost-effective, and have good wear-and-tear strength.
Astral Pex-a PRO, is a hot and cold plumbing system made of cross-linked polyethylene pipes. It is based on expansion ring technology. The pipes and fittings are joined using the plastic memory of the Pex-a PRO pipes.
The components of the Pex-a pro system are:
- Pex-a pipes – Built on a modern technology based on the peroxide cross-linking process (PEX-a), that uses the latest high power infrared ray ovens
- Plastic Rings – These are made using special high-tech polymers, enabling better dimensional precision in the rings that facilitate the assembly process. The rings are available in three different colours to make the pipelines easily identifiable.
- Brass / PPSU Fittings – These are high quality brass that comply with demanding EU sanitary standards. By using PPSU fittings, an entire plastic piping system is possible, without compromising hydraulic properties.
Learn more about Astral Pipes and choose the most suitable one from here.
17 Jan 2024How Do uPVC Pipes Contribute To Leak-Free Plumbing Systems?
12 Dec 2022How to Choose the Right Pipes for Safe and Clean Potable Water?
05 Dec 2022CPVC Pipes for Hot and Cold Water Applications for Pure and Hygienic Water Supply
06 Oct 2022The Advantages of UPVC Pipes for Potable Water
04 Oct 2022The Future of Agriculture: Exploring Lead-Free Pipes for a Safer Farming Environment