CPVC plumbing pipes are made from Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride, a thermoplastic material that can withstand higher temperatures and is more flexible and durable. These pipes are used for both hot and cold water passage and other industrial liquids. CPVC pipes and fittings are used for hot and cold water applications in homes, apartments, hotels, resorts, hospitals, high and low rise buildings, corporate and commercial houses, academic institutes, etc.
Below listed are some factors you must consider before investing in CPVC plumbing pipes-
1. Can Tackle High Pressure: One of the main reasons these pipes are used in homes for the main water supply line. CPVC plumbing pipes are resilient, tough, and durable, making them ideal for handling highly pressurized water.
2. Provides Safe & Clean Water: CPVC plumbing pipes do not react to chlorine-based disinfectants often used to keep the water clean and safe. They also do not transfer any harmful and dangerous products to the drinking water it transports.
3. Corrosion-Resistant: CPVC pipes are perfect for transporting drinking water as they are free from toxicity and odor. They also showcase high resistance to humidity, saltwater, weather, and underground conditions. CPVC plumbing pipes protect and preserve the quality of the water being carried.
4. Leak-Proof: CPVC pipes and fittings are formed into one integrated system using solvent cement. CPVC plumbing pipes do not break apart or crack, making them leak-proof when properly installed. CPVC plumbing pipes are also long-lasting due to their mechanical strength.
5. Fire-Resistance: CPVC plumbing pipes are self-extinguishing and do not support combustion. This means that when the CPVC pipes catch fire, it burns but stops burning once the source of the fire is extinguished, resulting in no fire hazard.
6. Low-Maintenance: CPVC plumbing pipes do not rust, scale or corrode and thus are long-lasting. They are also lightweight that reduces transportation, handling, and installation costs. The installation of CPVC plumbing pipes requires the same tools as other thermoplastic pipes, making them easy to install. Unlike metal pipes, they do not require costly metal cutting procedures.
7. Durability: CPVC plumbing pipes are resilient, tough, and durable which makes them a long-lasting solution for all types of plumbing needs. They are also flexible and have excellent bendability, making them an ideal fit for residential plumbing.
8. Biofilm Resistance: Water distribution systems are prone to bacterial growth. But CPVC plumbing pipes have the ability to resist the formation of biofilms, keeping water safe and clean.